Thursday, October 03, 2013 - Posted by Philip Harvey
Expert Global Solutions, the worlds largest debt collection agency was fined US$3.2 million for violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. In breaching the FDCPA, Expert Global Solutions;
- Called consumers multiple times each day, in the morning and evening even when consumers requested they cease.
- Called debtors workplaces even though employers do not allow such calls.
- Left messages with 3rd parties disclosing the debt.
- Continued with collection attempts even when debtors denied owing the debt
In addition to the fine, Expert Global solutions must;
- not engage is harassment or abuse in debt collection
- not contact 3rd parties
- not contact the debtor at their employment where the employer does not allow this
- cease communications where a person requests no further contact
- record 75% of their calls and retain the recordings for at least 90 day.