Released every month our debt collection blog contains news, stories and tips to keep you informed.
Below is a list of our top 5 articles in 2016:
5. Veda Stops Removing Court Judgments
In September we learnt that Veda stopped removing Judgments from credit files as part of their commitment to Comprehensive Credit Reporting.
4. Form 12A and Default Notices for Consumer Credit Debt Collection
In June we learnt of some clients still issuing the incorrect Form when issuing a Default Notice
3. s88 Default Notices and Compliance with NCC
In October we came across several examples of some Default Notices being compliant with the NCC
2. 1 Error Results in $4.6M Debt
In May we reported of an error by Westpac which saw a 21 year old student overdrawing her account by $4.6 million
1. New Requirements for Mortgagee in Possession of Land Sales
In July we learnt of the new requirements for correctly identifying someone signing a Transfer on behalf of a Mortgagee in Possession.
As always we are continually searching for stories and the compliance issues that matter to you and look forward to receiving your feedback about future articles you would like to see and where we can improve on this free service.