Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - Posted by Michael McCulloch
The Credit & Investments Ombudsman ("CIO") has this month released a new fact sheet, "Credit Reporting: Enquiries".
The fact sheet covers:
- What is a credit enquiry?
- Why would a credit provider need to access my credit report?
- What information is included in a credit enquiry?
- Is my consent needed for a credit provider to access my credit report?
- How long does a credit enquiry stay on my credit report?
- What if I did not make an application, and the enquiry is incorrect?
- Do credit enquiries negatively affect my credit report?
- Can my application be declined because of the information in my credit report?
You can download a copy via our website here